Due to cold temperatures and high wind chills training has been cancelled for tomorrow. Stay Warm and enjoy the long weekend
We have had limited response for volunteers for the Jasper Junior Olympics. For those of you new to this race, this races is run on two courses on the Marmot site. The lower course is for the E1s and the Upper course is for the E2s. Because there is two race courses, we need two complete sets of officials.
- The ratio is 1 parent volunteer for every 2 racers. We have 64 racers
- Spectators are not allowed to walk onto the course – this is strictly enforced as the race courses are far from the main lodge. You must have a lift ticket to get to the races. The only way to get a free lift ticket is to volunteer – so come help out!
- Volunteers for course work must be on skis.
- Lover or Upper course
- Official lever
- Saturday or Sunday
- Preferred position (gatekeeper, course worker, assistant starter (kid herders to line them up at the start) results readers/recorders, hand timers/recorders, starter, start/finish referee, gate judge)
- People to help set up fencing and the course areas on Friday morning (from 09:30 to noon) lift ticket is included
- FORERUNNERS – if your racer has an older sibling racer – we are in need of 8 – 16 forerunners per day
Just a reminder that the clubhouse will not be available this weekend due it being used for 2011 Special Olympics. Families are asked to use the day lodge.
Attached is the Race notice for the Jasper Junior Olympics on March 4 and 5. Please note that on Friday March 3, there will be a day of training with the coaches.
This race if for Nancy Greene Racers in both the E1 and E2 age group.
Your child/children WILL be registered in the race and your racer account charged unless I receive an email informing me otherwise by Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 10pm
Lift passes are NOT covered by your racer account. At Marmot, please tell the ticket office that you are from Rabbit HIll and you will receive a DISCOUNT.
Parent, if you are able to volunteer, please let me know as soon as possible.
If you should require further information regarding this event, please feel free to contact me.
Rabbit Hill is proud to present the First Annual Golf Tournament On Friday May 27.
- 18 holes of 4 person Texas Scramble
- 1:00PM shotgun start
- Steak supper
- $170 per golfer, includes dinner.
- Dinner Only $32
- Entries close April 20, 2011
- First 144 golfers accepted.
- A donation of $500.00 provides our sponsor with a 3×2 sign containing your logo or sponsorship information on either the GPS unit, Tee Box or Hole.
- A donation of $1000.00 provides our sponsor with a 3×2 sign containing your logo or sponsorship information on either the Tee Box or Hole and advertising on www.rabbithillalpine.com as a sponsor of the team for 1 year.
- A donation of $1500.00 provides our sponsor with all of the above benefits and a foursome in the tournament.
6837 39 Ave. Edmonton, AB T6K 2N6.
For more information please contact
Audra at 780-462-8692 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to Mason Shiewe for winning gold in Saturday’s Western Qualifier this past weekend. Kudos also go out to Sean Terry for placing 5th in Sunday’s race.
Altogether 3 athletes qualified for the Teck K1 Westerns in Silverstar BC. Congratulations to Matthew Mix, Mason Schiewe, and Sean Terry for qualifying and we wish you all the best in the upcoming event!
Thanks to all of you who have volunteered to help with the Special Olympics that will be running at Rabbit Hill on Saturday February 12 and 13. We are still short on volunteers. If you have friends, family, or older children that can help out, please drop Trixi an email at email@example.com All help is greatly appreciated
Congratulations to the Rabbit hill Racers for the successful showing in the Panorama K2 Speed Series. Out of 4 Races Rabbit hill came home will 9 metals!!!
After 6 K2 provincial races, Jocelyn McCarthy and Brennan Halliwell are both on top of the Provincial Series points with Hannah Melinchuk in 3rd and Mikaela Fitzgerald is in 4th. Congratulations girls and keep up your winning ways!
A new exciting Rabbit Hill Ski Club event is coming your way!
Event: Club Speed Trap Night
When: Tuesday Evening, February 15th
Who: All Club Members (Athletes from Nancy Greene to FIS, Coaches & Parents)
What: For those who have been at the Lauberhorn Nancy Greene Race before last year – this will be just like the speed trap we had as part of that event. For all newcomers, it is as per the title. There will be a lane down Bay St. top to bottom, point your skis, get in your tuck and see how fast you can go. Speed suits are optional but discouraged for those over 30!
5:00 to 6:00 Set up
6:30 to 7:30 1 run each
7:30 to 8:00 tear down and awards compilation
8:00 - awards (Gold, Silver Bronze – categories for Male & Female – 5 to 10, K1, K2, Jr/FIS, Coaches & Parents)
This event does not replace Club Championships which will still be held at the end of the season.